User-Definable Collapsible Regions In Sequence Editor

While loops, for loops, if-else blocks, etc., are collapsible in the editor.

I'd like to be able to designate contiguous ranges of sequence lines that form a logical unit as a collapsible region.

Also, a Preference item for opening sequences with collapsible regions collapsed or expanded, and right-click menu or toolbar items when in sequence for Expand All and Collapse All.

Thanks!

Usually while, for, if/else blocks and functions form logical units on their own.  Are you talking outside this?

Remembering the collapsing is a good idea.  There are several other places where remembering settings would be good (alarm table for example)

Yes -- sometimes you might wish to consider a certain block of lines (that might contain but not overlap another automatically or user-defined collapsible zone) as a black box, and collapse it, even though it isn't contained in one of the loop structures automatically made collapsible by the editor currently.

Sometimes I do modularize such blocks into their own functions but there are times where I'd prefer not to and this request was with respect to those instances.

Using existing collapsible instructions as a container is a slick idea!  I like that

I'd still put the user-defined collapsible regions on the feature request list just because it would be clean, but at a low priority. Using the other collapsible structures is a good idea.

Archived