Performance Issue With Screen Components

I have, what I think, is a very simple display.  I have a graph which is recording an analog-in signal at 2hz.  There is a conversion for the graph, (((Value-1.25)*19.78)*1.8)+32. The screen is set to refresh at 2hz.

On the screen I have a toggle switch, and a LED display component.  The toggle is configured to change one of the digital outputs from my Labjack U3.

When I click on the toggle, the image of the toggle switch and the digital output itself immediately reacts.  However, the LED display that I also have set to the same channel will often lag behind. Somtimes it seems immedate, but often it will be as much as a second delay. When I first created it, and then clicked it, I was concerned that it wasn't working correctly, and of course clicked the toggle again, which meant the LED was back off when it finally updated.  I am concerned that a new user will experience the same thing.

My computer shows an absolute max of 5% usage at any time, even when I am continusly pressing the toggle switch.

Virtual switches and displays really need a fast reaction time from user actions. Is there something that may be slowing the update of my LED display element?

-Joe

Yes, setting the refresh to a faster rate solved the issue.  While the image of the toggle switch moving is not dependent on the page referesh, the LED update is.

I have one other problem though.  I am having too much fun with this, and I don't want to go to bed!

-Joe

The toggle switch refreshes when you click it because it knows its being clicked.  The LED isn't tied to toggle except through the channel, so it doesn't know the click occurred or that that click causes a change in the output.  It just refreshes when its told based on the page refresh interval.

As for your new problem, I can't really help you with that, other than to say that I've been there many times!

Archived