Sequence Displayed When Right Clicking On Workspace Tree

burt4munger

In the new version (unlike the old version) right clicking on a sequence in the list will immediately open that text window.  This is more often a problem than a nice feature, since left clicking will always open it if that is my intent to migrate to a new sequence.  I often am several hundred lines down the page, then encounter a function call from another sequence and need to look at it.  In the old system, I could right click and edit in a new window without losing my position in the current window.  Now the new window opens all right, but the window in which I was working has already disappeared, and so I have to go back and scroll my way back down to get back to where I was.  This gets even worse if there are several other function references from more than one other sequence to track down.  It is also a problem if I want to watch the results on a page while I start a sequence, since the page disappears as soon as I try to start the sequence, then I have to quickly click back to it often missing the very first results.  Anyway, just making the right click not open the selected sequence would fix it.

Yes, I actually have noticed this.  I'm not quite sure why it occurs differently.  Its solely due to the compiler change, but I agree it is rather annoying, especially if you are like me and run multiple monitors.  Now that we know it annoys our customers as well, we'll take a look right away.  Its probably something quite simple.

Archived