Workspace Tree Disappears When You Ungroup A Group Of Grouped Objects

If you create a component, say a panel, then duplicate it 10 times, group it, duplicate that group a few times, then group the entire thing, and finally ungroup the whole thing, the workspace tree disappears.  Moving around a lot of panels on a summary page is a likely use of this feature.

• 3 years later...
On 6/16/2014 at 9:23 AM, burt4munger said:

If you create a component, say a panel, then duplicate it 10 times, group it, duplicate that group a few times, then group the entire thing, and finally ungroup the whole thing, the workspace tree disappears.  Moving around a lot of panels on a summary page is a likely use of this feature.

I have been able to duplicate this. My workspace tree disappears and the only way I have found to restore it is to restart daqfactory. I am running 16.2 Build 2279. 

If I group and ungroup a few times the tree disappears, the popup for the workspace is their but it is blank..  

Any ideas how to restore without restarting daqfactory? 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

The workspace disappearing initially described has been fixed for release 20.  For now, you can just save and restart. 

However, Kanber, I believe you are seeing something else, especially if it does it on restart, and also because you are actually seeing Connections and Pages.  In your case I believe you are opening a document with a document editing password that is forcing it into Runtime mode, and then you are managing to get DAQFactory to display the workspace.  But, since it is in runtime mode, it is not showing anything in the workspace.