Sign in to follow this  
benndorf

Daqfactory Trial Does Not Convert To Daqfactory Express After 25 Days

I am using for a long time two DAQ Labjach U12. I was allways happy with the DAQFactory Express. But I had to install a new computer and downloaded recently DAQFactory Trial. It does not convert after the 25 days of the trial period into the free express version. When I start the DAQFactory software, a message appears saying that the trial period is over. Indicating two different ways to enter an unlock key. What is wrong? How can I get again the free version of  DAQfactory express?

Saludos

Carsten, from Lima, Peru

With 5.90+ we made it so there are two shortcuts, one that starts DAQFactory in trial or paid licensed mode, and the other that starts it in Express.  You need to use the Express shortcut.

With the current express version, when I double click on a .ctl file, it tries to open Daqfactory in trial mode and it says that the trial period is over.

How can I force Daqfactory to open in express mode when I double click a .ctl file.

Thanks

You need to create a shortcut as described in 14.6 of the user's guide, but add -runAsExpress in the line.  So the shortcut might be:

c:\daqfactory\daqfactory.exe -runAsExpress "c:\myFiles\myDFfile.ctl"

The -runAsExpress tells DAQFactory to run in Express mode instead of trial / licensed mode.

DAQFactory express is available in all recent releases.  As it says above, in 5.90+ we made it so DAQFactory Express has its own shortcut.  So you should be able to download the latest release and see an Express shortcut.