MrDeathStar

I added a single Line Annotation to the ''Left Axis 1" of my graph.  The expression is a global variable (i.e. g_level) which is changable by a user control (i.e. SpinButton) to provide a way to mark a threshold level.

The Line Annotation is drawn if the global variable's value is within the Scale To/From range of the "Left Axis 1".  Once drawn, however, if this value goes outside the axis range, the Line Annotation remains incorrectly drawn at the last prior expression value within the range.  It is not removed from the graph.  The Line Annotation is removed as expected only if there exists another Line Annotation in the graph that can be drawn.

On a related note, how do I delete a Line Annotation?  For example, create a 2D graph.  Add a line annotation with expression set to value 1.  (Line annotation appears in the graph.)  Delete the line annotation.  Result: A line annotation still appears in the graph.

5.87c / Build 2050

This appears to be a bug and has been fixed.  It will be in the next release.  You can delete a line annotation for now by either saving your doc after deleting in the component and reloading it, or duplicating the graph and deleting the old one.  In the next release you won't have these issues.  Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

• 9 months later...

I have found that you can change the line's value by adding a new annotation that uses the same name, but simply changing the variable's value won't change the line.  Hard to explain, an example is attached.  I am using a global variable for the line's value.

Archived