Step Plotting Method

MrDeathStar

I am plotting a digital output value vs. time with the step (21) plotting method.  However, I noticed that the rise is drawn before the run when a new data point arrives.  Is there any feature to allow the opposite (i.e. draw horizontally first and then vertically step up/down to the new value)?  The horizontal line on the graph would then indicate the digital value over its time period.

If this is a 3rd party graph limitation (i.e. like I found that right axis cannot have step), then I will proceed with regular point/line plotting methods and pad my channels to create the step.  Thanks.

I'm not sure if there is a setting, per se, but there is an easy work around.  In the X expression for your trace, instead of Time, put:

testStep.Time[1,100000]

what that does is use the next data point's time stamp, which does what you want.

Ok, good idea.  I had not thought about that option.  However, even though the most recent data point is missed, the starting condition is strange and the work-around fails badly in the PulseB example.  For now, I think I will continue with my double channel entries to simulate desired behaviour.  Maybe a step drawing order could be considered as a future feature request...(and availability on the right axis too).

In any case, thanks for your quick response!

Archived