Runtime License

igho

I have a Runtime License installed on just one Laptop that runs my Daqfactory application program.

Now, I want to install the same application program on other laptop just as a backup copy. 

My question is if am supposed to have other Runtime License installed on the second laptop?

It's been long I used Daqfactory and labjack, and I would appreciate any answer to my question.

Regards,

Igho

If you are going to use the two computers at the same time, then yes, you would need a second license for DAQFactory.  If the second computer is just a backup and will only be used when the first computer dies, then we are ok with you using the same license.

Thanks for your response to my question.  As a follow up question, how can one retrieve the already existing Run-Time License from the Computer that has it now?

I would appreciate the steps to take on how I can get the existing Run-Time License transferred from one computer to the other.

Like I said, it's been long I used Dacfactory, and our Customer needs this information from me.

Regards,

Igho

You can't really transfer runtime licenses like development licenses.  Really you just uninstall DAQFactory and license the new computer.  We expect and trust our customers to respect licensing and only run Runtimes on as many computers as they own licenses.   

Archived