Live Graph Analysis?

jasonjphillips

I have a graph with 4 traces logging continuously over time. 

These are mostly flat lines, with an occassional peak appearing. 

Is there a way to measure the peak value and baseline value ON THE GRAPH?   I'm trying to record each peak's base and peak values.  I do  have MAX displays to get the peak value, but I can't figure out how to get the baseline value for that peak. 

I'd be up for any method that can do this live or pause the graph.  I just want the numbers AS THE PEAK APPEARS without having to look at the raw data in Excel later.

Yes, you can do it.  Just use the markers, or if you want a rough area or sloping baseline too, use the peak markers.  Its usually best to freeze the graph too.  You can do this from the popup menu, or simply pan the graph by shift-click and drag.  The graph can't be selected for editing for these to work. The markers are also in the popup menu.  Right click on the graph.

Ok, so I've gotten to the point where I can place markers.  Then what?

The analysis toolbar and all of the options for analysis (on right click) are grayed out. 

Also, is there any way to change default marker color?  I was using black background for the graph, since I'm in a darkened lab. 

When you place a marker, the value is displayed below the graph.  If you place both A and B markers, the delta for X and Y is also displayed.  The peak markers work similar, with values displayed below the graph.  None of this will work well with a black background as the marker colors and the values are fixed and designed for a white background.

The analysis toolbar is for more advanced stuff and only available in Pro.

Archived