EI1050 Digital Temperature/Humidity Probe

It is possible to read in data from the EI-1050 sensor with DAQFactory. Make the connections as indicated on your sensor with the LabJack. Connect the enable line to +5V so the sensor is always enabled. You can change the enable later to a digital line if you want to disable and enable on command. Create two channels, and select Special as the I/O Type. Channel # 0 will be the temperature reading in degrees celcius and Channel # 1 will be the relative humidity reading as a percent. If you would like to view a simple sample of this use this link. The sample is available for download at the bottom of the page.

http://www.azeotech.com/faq.php?do=article...e&articleid=135

• 4 years later...

Hi there!

I'll spare all the excuses for being a newbie :unsure:

The above stated link is not valid anymore... allthough I'd doubt that it would help me any, since I have a U3-HV which doesn't offer the option "Special" in the "I/O Type" Section.

I searched through both azeotech and labjack forums on how to get this probe running, but couldn't find anything of use for me (mind: I don't know scripting / can't even figure out where to write it into if I would be able to write it :-(

I also read the datasheet of the probe - still no enlightment. I got the wiring ok, except that I used FIO7 for power&enable, FIO6 for the clock and FIO5 for data instead of the ones suggested in the probe manual. Because as far I know the AIO0 to AIO3 on the U3-HV are not configurable as DI/Os - is that correct?

I would just want to get displays on a page showing me the temp/rel. humidity for now - that would get my spirit up greatly :D

until I've learned more about that scripting stuff!

Thanx in advance!

Daniel

P.S.: great products! great support! - both of you!

The previous posts were actually for the U12. At the time the U3/UE9 wasn't even in existance, thus the simple reference to the "LabJack" and not a specific one. The U3/UE9 have more powerful serial comms, but with more power comes a slightly more complicated setup. I'm going to let the LabJack folks provide the exact details.

Hi again!

That's what I have thought. Standing by for what LabJackSupport says...

Allthough it leads me to another question: what exactly is a pseudocode?

I ask because it is mentioned everywhere, but I still don't quite get it! For example there is some of this mentioned in the manual for the EI1050 probe. I do get the general meaning, but have no idea how to translate this into DAQFactory / U3 comunication. Is it possible that pseudocode is some sort of windows related language?

Maybe you could explain?

Heres the code and some explenation from the manual:

The LabJack UD driver for Windows (V2.48+) has special support for the EI-1050. There is 1 IOType and 4 special channels:

LJ_ioSHT_GET_READING

LJ_chSHT_TEMP // Used with IOType above.

LJ_chSHT_RH // Used with IOType above.

LJ_chSHT_DATA_CHANNEL // Used with LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG.

LJ_chSHT_CLOCK_CHANNEL // Used with LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG.

Go to labjack.com for examples. The following pseudocode

demonstrates retrieving measurements from a single probe:

//Set FIO6 to output-high to provide power to the EI-1050.

ePut (lngHandle, LJ_ioPUT_DIGITAL_BIT, 6, 1, 0);

//Specify the data and clock lines.

ePut (lngHandle, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chSHT_DATA_CHANNEL, 4, 0);

ePut (lngHandle, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chSHT_CLOCK_CHANNEL, 5, 0);

//Now, an add/go/get block to execute multiple requests.

//Request a temperature reading from the EI-1050.

AddRequest (lngHandle, LJ_ioSHT_GET_READING, LJ_chSHT_TEMP, 0, 0, 0);

//Request a humidity reading from the EI-1050.

AddRequest (lngHandle, LJ_ioSHT_GET_READING, LJ_chSHT_RH, 0, 0, 0);

//Execute the requests. Will take about 0.5 seconds with a USB high-high

//or Ethernet connection, and about 1.5 seconds with a normal USB connection.

GoOne (lngHandle);

//Get the temperature reading result.

GetResult (lngHandle, LJ_ioSHT_GET_READING, LJ_chSHT_TEMP, &dblTemperatureKelvin);

//Get the humidity reading result.

GetResult (lngHandle, LJ_ioSHT_GET_READING, LJ_chSHT_RH, &dblHumidityPercent);

I do have the Power and Enable Line set to 1 now. I also have the clock on high. And I get a reading on the dataline which - you guessed it - is 1....

Don't get me wrong! I'm not really stupid :blink:

- just haven't done anything like this for a long time

Thanks in advance!

Pseudocode is simply code that is not written in any particular language and likely needs a little extra to get it to work. Because LabJack users use a wide variety of programming languages (like VB, C, etc), they give their docs in psuedocode to keep it simple and assume the user can add what is needed for their particular language.

In DAQFactory, we've tried to make the script look exactly like their psuedocode. If you do the include() and using() functions as shown in the daqfactory-labjack application guide, it pretty much works like this, except that instead of handle for the first parameter, you use the ID.

That all said, here is a sample the labjack folks emailed me that should show the 1022 and 1034 probes.

U3_EIC_Temp_Sensors_New.ctl

OK,

I have to correct myself: I have never done anything like this before. Some years ago, I did some Assambler programming (running lights, clocks,...) in school and some PLC stuff as well and was quite good at it, so I thought I'd get the logic of getting the LJ running fairly quick. I was WRONG.

I checked out the sample you got from LabjackSupport and it even contains the exact scripting for the ei1050 probe (fyi: it contains exactly the code I quoted in my last post). But even with that I still can't get it up&running...

As this is more of a LabJack issue and they wrote sample too, I will go to the LabJack forum with this issue but will - if you don't mind - post the threadlink here when the problem is solved.

in any case: a big "THANK YOU" for taking me by the hand and guiding me through these darktimes ;-)

Yep!

I'm glad too :-)))

Keep your probe buried I tried it for you...

Now, this issue solved, others arise from what to do with the data retreived, but i'll fool around a bit and you will be the first to know when I'm totaly stuck again ;-)

Thank you so much anyway !

Here's the promised threadlink:

http://www.labjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4313

c'u'

Archived