mySQL insert - alarm event on channel

svego

hi to all...

What is wrong here ???

if(ch3_DI_ulaz[0]==0)

private dbase
MyStringVariable = FormatDateTime("IC bariera ALARM %d:%m:%Y  %H:%M", SysTime())

dbase = db.OpenEx("DSN=DF_SMS;UID=vcvcv;PWD=xxxx")

// this works OK
 //   db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","IC bariera")')

// this do not work ok
 db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005",MyStringVariable)')

delay(5)

db.Close(dbase)
endif

That's because you put your variable name inside the string.  DAQFactory doesn't and can't examine the contents of strings for variables and make substitutions.  This would be a huge mess if it did.  You have to concatenate your strings:

db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","' + MyStringVariable + '")')

Note that I have to be sure to include the double quotes inside the string so that the result includes double quotes.  Single quotes in your case are the string delimiters.

i tried to copy / paste, but without success...what is wrong ??

so...

MyStringVariable = FormatDateTime("IC bariera ALARM %d:%m:%Y  %H:%M", SysTime())

db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","' + MyStringVariable + '")')

should return...SMS message with content 

IC bariera ALARM 02:11:2016 20:09

???

When concating strings inside function calls, it often helps to print the result to command/alert before, so do:

'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","' + MyStringVariable + '")'

and see what shows up, then you can correct it.

this works...( SMS server send SMS content to +385xxxx005 with content IC bariera ALARM 02:11:2016 20:09..)

db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","' + FormatDateTime("IC bariera ALARM %d:%m:%Y  %H:%M", SysTime()) + '")')
 //-------

but I don't know how to do that with variable ?? 

for example...

MyStringVariable = FormatDateTime("ALARM %d:%m:%Y  %H:%M", SysTime())

Alarm_channel_value=Format("My Value: %.2f",x_300_temp1[0])

text_to_send=MyStringVariable+Alarm_channel_value

db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005",'text_to_send')')

You have to concat the string just like you did in the one that worked.  You just dropped the +'s for some reason (and the double quotes).  You want:

db.Execute(dbase,'insert into smsserver.messageout(MessageTo,MessageText) values ("+385xxxx005","' + text_to_send + '")')

I'm assuming that your three variables are all declared as strings as well.

Archived