Sign in to follow this  
Daggos

Remote Daq Connection fail

Hi

I have been trying to test remote connections to my development DAQ on the same LAN with mixed results. If i add the remote connection details it will work with all channels lighting up but when i save and reopen it wont connect with error Invalid Network Packet. I have repeated this a few times.

The remote connection is a trial pro i have 3 runtime licenses as well but are installed on other machines i want to test that the remotes work as i am hoping they do then buy more runtime licenses.

OK i have loaded runtime license onto the new device and still have same issue.

only way i can get remote to work is delete the connection add a new connection then reset the connection. This works all data displays. then i save restart and nothing just invalid network packets.

Using 18.1 build 2347

You are getting invalid packets?  Are both systems running the same release of DAQFactory?  Did you put any sort of password on the connections?  Have you tried using script to reset the connection if it fails?

yer comes up with invalid packets in the command window on DAQ every time i start. If i reset the connection it still wont work i have to delete the connection and add another. 

I'd try it without passwords first.  The passwords determine the encryption so if that was wrong you'd get invalid packets.

Tried removing passwords still seems to be doing it. not sure what else to try. It works when i add the connection so its connecting and accessing data. But after save no good.