RAM usage

Hoyer

I have a pretty big number of pages in one file and I suppose to percieve the more pages I put into the file, the more often DaqFactory crashes.

The channels and sequences are the same, I really think this is caused by memory issues conflicting with the number of pages.
Could this guess be correct? It would be important to keep as many pages as I can, I'd prefer making the computer "stronger" if this is the real issue.

What else should I check before looking for a computer as strong as possible?
Can Windows limit DaqFactory or can DaqFactory memory handling be improved?

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Hoyer

Are you actually seeing huge ram usage?  Check task manager.  DAQFactory is a 32 bit app, so is limited to using 4 gig of RAM.  But I never really see anyone use more than maybe 1 to 1.5 gig.  I doubt the issue has to do with number of pages, but more likely something in those pages.  For one thing, pages really don't do anything if they aren't on screen.  The memory required to store them in the background is pretty minimal.

How is DAQFactory crashing?

I couldn't detect any reason behind the misterious crashes, DaqFactory simply closes and the test bench stays in the last state. It happened during tests and even when the test bench didn't do anything, not even data collection. Before the crash I didn't see RAM, CPU or any memory issue.

During longer tests it can be observed that actions on the screen start to be slower, when the test ends, it recovers. (That's why I guess it would be a RAM problem.)

Altogether it seems that somehow memory is filled, but when the number of pages is decreased, this problem never happens. The sequences, channels and even the objects on the pages are the same. When I insert new pages and copy + paste the already functioning pages (with no modifications) the software starts crashing.

Maybe I can send the ctl file in which I'm having the issue, if it can help finding the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards, 

Hoyer