Persistent Email Recipient Address Variables

I am new to DAQFactory and have been browsing the Forum(s) for an example of how to do the following:

We are creating a screen to configure the Email recipient addresses that will be used to send emails to a group when an Alarm Event happens.

Want to enter the Email addresses once during setup and then have them retained.   (through power loss or closing and re-opening the software application)

Note; The group may need to be updated at a later date as required by a user on the configuration screen when the recipients change.  The updated list should then be retained.

There has to be a simple way of making the data persistent through power loss or closing and re-opening the software application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple ways:

1) you can use a registry variable.  The limitation here is that numbers are limited to integers.  Strings are no issue.  

2) you can use a Test D/A channel with Persist = 1 (or more).  This is limited to numbers, but supports decimals.3) you can use the file. functions to write variables to a file, and retrieve them.  Use file.open() to open the file, then file.read() or file.write() and file.close().  Personally I find it easiest to use a class too.  Then I can put all my settings in one place and not have to worry about file formatting or versioning.  Something like this:

class CSettings
   local string emailAddresses = ""

function save()
      try
         private handle = file.open("c:\data\mySettings.json", 0, 1, 0, 1)
         file.write(handle, gSettings.toJson())
         file.close(handle)
      catch()
         ? strLastError
      endcatch
   endfunction

function load()
      try
         private handle = file.open("c:\data\mySettings.json", 1, 0, 0, 1)
         private string in = file.read(handle)
         gsettings = fromJson(in)
         file.close(handle)
      catch()
         ? strLastError
      endcatch
   endfunction
endclass
global gSettings
gSettings.load()