Unable to change axis from right to left

Stephen

Running DF Pro Release 18.1 Build 2347

I started with what seemed a simple task... swap the axis scales from right to left.  I had one on each side and wanted the PSI to be nearest the current time... not so interested in temperature.

First thing... the 'Right Axis' checkbox is not available.  Evidently you have to start out by choosing the axis side you want (the menu comes loaded with Left Axis 1,2,3 Right Axis 1,2,3 etc).  So I came up with the brilliant idea to select new axes of the opposite side, naming them 'Temp1' and PSI1', to differentiate them from the current selections.  Then it should be a simple matter to change the data to use the other axis.  I used Left Axis 3 and Right Axis 3 for this.

This broke all kinds of ways... I could do one datum and it appeared to work (I have two PSIs and one temperature).  Do two of them and you get only one working... I now have two PSI scales, one on each side, and one Temperature scale still on the right, with the axis selection in Trace reverting to the old (*1) name even though one of them is obviously using the new axis.  If I change the Temp to Temp1, all data disappears from the graph... all traces are gone from the Trace Data formulas.  Quit without saving changes, of course.

I tried every which way... it fought me tooth and nail.  I have given up... very glad to have it be the way it was before now.  This is probably why the Axis menu was pre-populated with Left and Right selections, right?  The only way forward I can see is to delete the graph and start over.