Printing Alarms to an Dot Matrix Event Printer

CH2014

Hi,

Is it possible in DF to print alarm states to a Dot Matrix Printer (Event Printer) So each alarm event would just print a line on the Dot Matrix Paper? I have had a look on the forum on printing from DF and it seems to suggest writing  to a file and then printing the file. I was wondering if there was a more stream lined way of just printing a single line and then doing the line feed. Would it best to communicate to printer using serial connection and using the NULL protocol? 

Thanks 

Depends on the printer.  Most normal printers with a Windows driver are going to probably wait for a whole page before printing, however, if you can find a serial printer and thus not have to use a windows print driver, then yes, you should be able to send a line and line feed direct to the printer, one line at a time.  I know there are specialized printers for this, such as product printers, but don't have a source, off-hand for a normal paper printer though I am sure they are available.