Burstmode in DAQFactory just starts stream

Guest Mr_Fox

Guest Mr_Fox

I need to use the burst mode in DAQFactory with my U12, but whenever i set up a channel with burst mode and start it (set the value to something), the Labjack just does a continuous stream at 1,2 ksamples, although it should do a burst with 4096 samples/s. Is this a bug or what am i doing wrong?

Regards

Mr_Fox

The following link will direct you to a sample on the Azeotech Knowledgebase that will help you with Burst mode. There is a file there that you can download as well as step-by-step instructions on how it was created.

http://www.azeotech.com/faq.php?do=article...e&articleid=160

We have not come across the problem you mention when trying to use burst mode. In all our testing, burst modes works as described. Try out the above sample and see if it works correctly for you or if it also delivers continuous streaming.

If the above sample works properly for you, check your burst mode parameters under your command channel and make sure they are properly setup. If you continue to have problems we would be interested in what you are doing to create this problem.

Guest Guest

It works perfectly. I now know why it did not work: I had a stream-start channel set up in the same document and as soon as i deleted that, the burst mode worked fine. After i readded the stream-start channel however, and clicked the button to start that, it started burst mode, and stream did not work anymore so obviously there is some bug mixing up both modes.

Regards

Mr_Fox

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest_AzeoTech

Are you making sure that the channel #'s for the command channels you are using for stream and burst are unique? The driver uses these numbers to determine which command to execute, so if you have them the same, it will only execute one of the two commands.

Archived