I want to measure the rpm of a stirring device for one of my machines. I am trying to use a timer to do this.
I have attached the transducer to port EI00 which is channel 8, and therefore my timer offset is 8.
I have the following sequence.
1) AddRequest(0, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chTIMER_COUNTER_PIN_OFFSET, 8, 0, 0)
2) AddRequest(0, LJ_ioPUT_TIMER_MODE,0, LJ_tmRISINGEDGES32, 0, 0)
3) AddRequest(0, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chTIMER_CLOCK_BASE, LJ_tc48MHZ_DIV, 0, 0)
4) AddRequest(0, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chTIMER_CLOCK_DIVISOR, 48, 0, 0)
5) AddRequest(0, LJ_ioPUT_CONFIG, LJ_chNUMBER_TIMERS_ENABLED, 1, 0, 0)
I have some basic questions first:
on line 2 : after MODE, it wants me to specify Timer #...is that a zero if I have only one enabled? ALso, what is the difference between using RISINGEDGES or FALLINGEDGES? DO I have to use both?
on line 5 : is the 1 correct after enabled?
Next I made a channel called timer to read my data. For I/O type i said timer and for channel number it won't let me put 8, so I put 0. Is this correct?
I then made a variable value component to read timer and I don't get any data coming out.
Thanks for all your help.