FTP multiple pages to a website

hschir

The question still remains - is it possible that either of these two warnings is contributing to my multiple page ftp sequence failure after some intermittant time interval has expired ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - in that case I have decided to upload my pages every 5 mins with delay(300) and see how long that lasts ...

After a solid re-evalution I have revised my conversion formula for the modern device hot-wire wind sensor (http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/wind-sensor). While a calibration would have been better against a certified calibrated anemometer (preferrably hot-wire) - I only have a Lutron LM-8000 hand held unit with 6 shaft propellor type vane and STILN windwatch - neither of which are particularly precise, but between the two I was able plot wind speed versus voltage output of the sensor and apply Kings law to what I am confident is as good as I can get it - say within +/- 0.15 m/s.

The formula I am using in converting the voltage output to m/s is:

((V^2 - 1.4641)/4.9442)^1.7746

These values were obtained from the regression line of the plot of V versus m/s readings I took over 0 to 2.0 m/s

Hi,

I think I finally found what was causing the multiple ftp sequence to fail.

Error

C1135 Failed to open file: FTP_Pages Line 56 - Uncaught error in sequence FTP_Pages

I've put a line at the start of the sequence to ignore the error and continue with the next capture i.e.

ignore ("C1135")

All that will happen is that one page that caused the error won't be captured but at least the sequence won't halt ...

And now I have the solution to DF hanging problem. It was the while (1) loop.

So instead I used:

time 0

capture

time 3

capture

time 6

capture

time 9

capture

etc. etc.

goto 0

And it doesn't hang anymore :mellow: !

Ok - forget about all the previous posts - multiple uploading fo pages via ftp is a dead end - you can say I told you so ...

Anyhow - my webpages are going to be hosted on my universities servers and they only allow sftp. I know there are work arounds (I've seen them in another post elswhere).

So I have to bite the bullet now as I found that I used the wrong ID code for my DAQConnect settings in DAQFactory - which I corrected and now it's up an running and as I see I can embed a script in my webpages hosted on the university server that serves up my DAQConnect pages into my webpages - I might have to find a $100 a year to extend my DAQConnect account to upload everything I want.

If I hadn't incorrectly entered the wrong DC account settings into DF I could have saved us all a whole lot of bother - at least I learnt a lot about DF sequence scripting :-)

OK, a lot to reply to:

1) don't use ignore() it is deprecated and was designed for backwards compatability with release 4. Use try/catch instead.

2) don't use time/goto for the same reasons as #1. Instead figure out why your while() loop is hanging. Most likely something is causing it to loop very quickly, probably lack of a delay(), or the delay() you have isn't executing.

3) sftp: just use a command line sftp tool and DF's system.shellExecute() function if you want to go this route. The only issue is that you won't have any sort of feedback or error handling

4) feel free to start DAQConnect threads here in the networking section.

Thanks for the guidance - but I've wasted so much time on this and I have university deadlines to meet (my academic supervisor is breathing down my kneck) and I have heaps other project related stuff that has be neglected over this.

I'll have to convince the powers that be to fork ove the DAQConnect sunscription fee for all the tags I need.

About the sfpt - I'm using WinSCP and it has a command line facility. I'm going to use it to upload my daily log file after midnight firstly using windows (7) Task Scheduler to execute a batch file with all the necessary functions to grab yesterdays log file after midnight and establish an sftp connection (as WinSCP stores the connection details) and then upload the file. Once the batch file is done it's up to windows scheduler to keep track of this side of things so that I'm not using any DF resources I don't need to - I think it's best that way.

Archived