Error message D0050?

joergsch

The same routine that used to work yesterday suddenly decided not to work this morning. DAQFactory flickers erratically and spits out error D0050 about every second "Request made on pin not properly configured for analog/digital".

The pins were configured and the error code is not in the list under help files. What is it?

Regards, Joerg.

Most D0050 errors are errors coming from the low level LabJack driver and so are presumably documented in the LabJack user's guide and not in the DF guide. Because the folks at LabJack improve their devices faster than we can keep up, we have designed things to be generic so you don't have to update DF every time the LabJack changes.

That said: the error you see is because you are trying to read the pin as an analog input when its configured as a digital, or visa-versa. The latest release of DF will auto-configure your pins as much as possible, but even then, certain things can cause this error. The most common, while running, would be if you do the config yourself in an Auto-start sequence, and then the device gets unplugged, or resets itself. A PinConfigurationReset will also do it. My recommendation is to create a simple sequence that configures all the pins exactly how you want it which you can run whenever this error occurs. If you want it to auto configure, then wait a few days for the 5.75 release (hopefully by tomorrow 12/17/07, but it may be tuesday) and use the OnAlert function now available and call your pin configuration routine whenever that error occurs. There will be a new guide in the new release that shows how to do this sort of thing.

I've also looked in the error code section of the LabJack itself and this kind of error or code wasn't in there. I had hoped that the LabJack memorizes the configuration in flash once it's selected. But it seems that is not the case (it should be...).

Ok, I'll wait for 5.75 then. Does it come as a downloadable Express version as well? A while ago I've read that only higher level versions of DAQFactory could be downloaded.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

This is a U3 only error. Not sure where it is in the LabJack manual. The settings are not stored in flash, but I believe there is a way to store the current settings as the defaults. The LabJack folks will have to address that, and will hopefully add a reply tomorrow.

As for the DF update, yes you can download the Express update from www.daqexpress.com. The update is not the full installer, so you have to have Express installed on the PC before downloading from this update. There is no way to download the full Express installer from the web. This you must get from the CD that came with the LabJack.

I've also looked in the error code section of the LabJack itself and this kind of error or code wasn't in there. I had hoped that the LabJack memorizes the configuration in flash once it's selected. But it seems that is not the case (it should be...).

I think Azeotech is referring to the string, not the integer code. The D0050 is a DAQFactory errorcode, but the string ("Request made on pin not properly configured for analog/digital") is from the LabJack UD driver.

The configuration settings can be stored in flash, but that is only done if you command it to be done. There are "current" settings and "power-up default" settings.

Yes, my apologizes. The "D0050..." part of the error message is generated by DAQFactory. With the next release, there will be even more info in this part to make error handling easier. The "Pin not configured" is from the LabJack UD and thus generated by the LabJack itself.

Archived