Max Peak Hold

skyv

Actually, you can display the max by just doing:

Max(channelname)

but this will change if another peak comes along that is higher. Is this what you want?

Yes that's exactly what I want, as long as the Max is held if the input goes down.

Thanks

Laz

First, make sure its max(channelname) and not max(channelname[0]). channelname by itself returns the entire history. Doing max on it gives you the max value of the entire history. Channelname[0] gives you the most recent reading only. Doing max on [0] gives [0], the same value and does nothing really.

Second, make sure your history length is long enough. If your history is 3600 and you are sampling at 10hz, you only get 6 minutes and max() will return the max within those 6 minutes. So its not really a hold.

First, make sure its max(channelname) and not max(channelname[0]). channelname by itself returns the entire history. Doing max on it gives you the max value of the entire history. Channelname[0] gives you the most recent reading only. Doing max on [0] gives [0], the same value and does nothing really.

Second, make sure your history length is long enough. If your history is 3600 and you are sampling at 10hz, you only get 6 minutes and max() will return the max within those 6 minutes. So its not really a hold.

I have followed your instructions and am happy to say that it is now working as I require.

My problem was that I had the history length set way too small.

The 6 minutes shouldn't be a problem for this application as the process is all over in 3 to 4 minutes.

Thanks again for you help.

Laz

Archived