Unitelway serial comms

clive

I am looking at DAQFactory and think it will work well for me but I can't seem to get my TSX3710 & 3721 PLC,s on serial port 2 to communicate with DAQFactory. I have tried using Modbus RTU but can't find anything on Unitelway. I have done the programming for the PLC's but am not very experienced with comms.

Regards

Clive

I would need some more documentation for these PLCs and am having problems finding it on the internet (which indicates that they are probably older PLCs, not that that is a problem). There are a number of random questions, but no official docs easily found. It appears the TSX3710 has a 485 port so you'd have to use a converter, but really I can't comment without some specs or documentation. Can you post some, or even just links to documentation?

The PLc's are Modicon TSX Micro's 6-10 yrs old by schneider Electric. The port runs at 9600 8 bits odd parity 1 stopbit. I have a programmers cable TSXCX1031 with with 0 Ter direct 1 other multi 2 Ter Direct 3 Other Direct??

Regards

Clive

I'm assuming you mean TSXPCX1031. It looks like it should work, but do a search on this cable and make sure you have the wiring exactly right. One place I found with a quick search was: http://modicon.control.com:8080/sqposting_...?pid=1026210585

Without detailed documentation I'm afraid I can't really help with the hardware side. You'll probably have to experiment some. That all said, if its talking Modbus it will work with DAQFactory, but you are going to have to get the cabling right. But of course you'd have to do that to have it work with any software.

Archived