How to get the time than an application is working?

HI

i am developing an application that show a discharge graph of a battery and shows the percent of charge remaining in the battery.

I also want to display the time (in days and hours) the battery is giving voltage to a device. Obviously the application must be run all this time.

Anyone can gives me the code or help?

Thanks

Well, I'm unsure when you actually want to start the clock, but basically you want to create a variable, and then store systime() to that variable at the instant you want to start the clock. To create the variable, create a sequence marked Auto-Start and declare the variable. For example:

global starttime

Then, to set the starttime, in sequence script put:

starttime = systime()

This could be in a channel event, in a button Quick Sequence, or anywhere else that takes sequence script. To display the elapsed time, just subtract this value from systime(). For example, put this:

systime() - starttime

in a variable value component's expression. You can use the FormatTime() function to display it in hours, minutes and seconds instead of straight seconds:

FormatTime(systime() - starttime)

Thanks.

Another doubt:

I have created variables:

global totaltime
global tiempo

and put this code lines in main program:

tiempo = systime()

while (1)
   totaltime=FormatTime(systime() - tiempo)

endwhile

and in the display page I have created a Variable value display related to "totaltime", but I only gets Tiempo=0.000

Does I need an especial configuration?

Thanks again

The formattime() function returns a string, not a number. You declared totaltime as a number, and when DAQFactory tries to convert 00:00:01 to a number it just does the first 00. It gets to the : and says, I can't convert any more so I'll stop. Just change your totaltime declaration to:

global string totaltime

Note also, that you don't need to store it in a variable. The way you have it written would be more appropriate if tiempo was a private variable. However, since its a global, you can just put the formattime() expression in the variable value expression directly.

Archived