DaqFactory Shutsdowns

montyk

I am using DAQFactory to monitour a number of test and log the data which works fine but the problem that I am having is that I can not get DAQFactory to run for an extended period. It will run fine but then it will just shutdown with no warning I can not find anything wrong.

I am using the presist history to save system resources it does not seem to using a lot of memory.

I have attached my ctl.

:blink:

Lab_16_TCP.ctl

Well, to start with I'd try eliminating all those sequences for firing off emails and replace it with one:

if (SysTime()<8h)
   WaitUntil(8h)
else
   WaitUntil(8h+86400)
endif
email.strHost="192.168.0.6"
email.strUserName="Monty King"
email.strTo="montyk....."
email.strReplyAddress="montyk@apsmaterials.com"
email.strReplyName="Monty King"
email.strAuthenticate="NoLogin"
email.strSubject="Data Logging"
while(1)
   email.strSubject="Data From CH1"
   email.strFile="S:\CERANODE\Engineering\LAB\Data_Lab_16ch\CH1\1c.csv"
   email.strBody="Data Logging File For CH1"
   email.Send()
   delay(60)
   email.strSubject="Data From CH2"
   email.strFile="S:\CERANODE\Engineering\LAB\Data_Lab_16ch\CH2\2c.csv"
   email.strBody="Data Logging File For CH2"
   email.Send()
   delay(60)
   email.strSubject="Data From CH3"
   email.strFile="S:\CERANODE\Engineering\LAB\Data_Lab_16ch\CH3\3c.csv"
   email.strBody="Data Logging File For CH3"
   email.Send()
   delay(60)
	... for the rest
   WaitUntil(8h+86400)
endwhile

First, you only need to change the email. variables that actually change between emails. There is no advantage to using separate sequences for the email because there is a single email service in DAQFactory. In fact, its possible that the fact that you are doing it from 16 different threads is what is causing the problems. Its also possible that this has nothing to do with it, but you should change it anyway, and its worth a try. If its not this, its probably the webserver, but lets start with this.

Never a dumb question. I just wasn't clear. I meant the attachment you are sending with your emails. Comment out all the lines that say "email.strFile = ...." and just put email.strFile = "". I know you want to send attachments, but I'm trying to find the source of the problem, and the easiest way is to simply remove parts one by one until it starts working properly.

After that (if it doesn't fix it), try sending just one email per cycle.

Archived