Production Graphing

marlonln

Hi,

I'm trying to do a production chart to track production in each one of my machines. I'm looking for a 2D graph (parts per hour). The graph should have a production line and a goal line (set daily). The graph should bring the production information during the whole day, week, month.

Is this possible? Easy?

Sure,

I'm still using the trial version. I still working on the device parts (sensors, gateways).

The idea is simple. One sensor in each machine will transmit by wires to a central gateway plugged into a internet conection PC. Once I got those informations inside the PC, I want to use a nice software, like DAFactory to be acessed by anybody in charge of the department.

I'm sending you a copy of what I could do so fair (not much). I want put some alarms, like warning to indicate if we are behind daily goals and some blink light if some machine stop to transmit the data (indicated that might me on a set-up or something else).

Concerning to graphs, I want as easy as possible. In the example you can see 20 machines, but just 4 different operations. Machines will basically run the same product, so what get out from the Grind (first operation) will later one be processed by the Traubs, and so on till threads.

Any help that you can give me will be pretty nice. Even, what software solution will fit better in my case.

Thank you,

teste_cell1.ctl

So what you really want is totals. That is slightly more complicated. You need to manually calc the totals and put them in separate channels:

1) Create a new channel for each real input channel. Device type Test, A to D, Timing = 0.

2) If you only had a few of these, I'd do it in a Channel event, but given your numbers, its probably easier to write a sequence:

while(1)
   if (rawcount.time[0] % 3600 < rawcount.time[1] % 3600)
	  RawCountHourTotal.AddValue(sum(rawcount[rawcount.time[1], rawcount.time[1] - 3600))
   endif
   delay(1)
endwhile

This assumes that rawcount is a raw input channel, rawcounthourtotal is that new channel you made, and rawcount has a timing of 1. To repeat, just copy the if()/endif block for each channel. Then you can plot the hour totals, do alarming on it, etc. Warning indicators are just a matter of using graphics or led controls, or similar to display the different things depending on a boolean expression. So, you might use an LED display with the expression: rawcounthourtotal[0] < 10 that displays red if active, meaning production is low.

As for software solution, if you want a number of people to access it, you can either have them install a runtime version of DAQFactory and connect directly, or you can subscribe to the DAQConnect service (www.daqconnect.com) and everyone can access the data from a browser. You'd have to create a separate set of screens in daqconnect though, but you could just skip creating screens in DF and do it all in DAQConnect, letting DF be the conduit between your data hardware and DAQConnect.

DAQConnect has the other advantage of containing a pivot() function which will do these sort of hourly/daily type totals for you and display it in a bar graph.

Archived