Graph Capture and Virtual Channels

g_dickinson

I'm now playing with graphs. I am generating both useful and lovely graphs! I'm really have a lot of fun.

When I Right Click on my lovely graph and select "Capture" from the menu, I get a beautiful but data-less graph on the Scratch page.

The "Capture" option DOES create a set of new "V" channels, but no data populate these channels. Not a single row! I assume that the empty "V" channels are a big hint as to why my captured graph has no traces.

What am I doing wrong?

The channels that I'm using to create the graph that I'd like to capture have non-zero history lengths and non-zero Persistence lengths. And, these channels are packed with data!

I'm working with the Trial version of DAQFactory 5.79 Build 1574.

Gary D

Hmm, I just tried it and it seems to work, so there's some detail off here. Maybe you can post or email your document so I can try it with your doc. If possible, do a "Save With History" first so there is some data for me to try it with. Make sure and indicate which graph you are capturing.

I've attempted to attach the ".ctl" file that I am using.

The graph is on "Page_1".

I right clicked on the graph selected "Capture". You should see a copy of this graph on the scratch page (without any traces). The "V" channels were created as a result of the "Capture".

I then did a "save with history".

Thanks,

Gary D.

AquariumDemo1.ctl

The problem is that you can't have spaces in your channel names, even V channels. Really you can't have spaces in any name in DAQFactory. All names must start with a letter, and contain only letters, numbers or other underscore. The graph capture is a really old feature that hasn't been updated I think since the beginning and so doesn't check this. I think its also auto-pulling the name from the title and you have a space in your title.

Thanks,

I didn't understand that the graph title was also used as an identifier by DAQFactory. I was thinking it was purely text that was displayed above the graph.

But, now I see that the "V" channel identifiers that were created by the "Capture" code could not work properly because the embedded "space" in the grapy idenifier would be treated as a delimiter by the DAQFactory parsing mechanism.

Makes sense.

Thanks again,

Gary D.

Archived