Missing Modbus.dll missing

Khalis

Hi

Currently I'm working to make a simple application with daqfactory which is used to controlled and monitor input output from Triangle Super PLC. I managed to control the output and see the input status before i saved the project by using document setting with password and load in full screen. After that I tried to open the same project with different pc but failed to control the output. When i tried to configure back the device configuration, an alert pop up and stated that the modbus.dll missing...I'm really confuse right now to solve this matter..Futhermore, how can i make sure that the application that i'm working right now able to work in runtime mode and protect the content of my project?

Thanks

Modbus.dll is an old modbus driver from several years back. It is not in the DF distribution now. So, one of two things happened:

1) you had an old install of DAQFactory and used the old modbus on your app and when you installed on a new machine it didn't install it. In this case, just copy modbus.dll over from your old machine (it'll be in your DF install directory)

2) you selected Modbus from the device list when you went to configure now its trying to load the old modbus.dll. Modbus can get listed if you use an older file created when the Modbus driver existed. Some of our older examples might have this and if you built off of one of them, that may be how it appeared.

As for runtime, just create a document editing password, as it sounds like you did.

Thanks for explanation..one more question that i want to ask you, is it possible the daq confused because I created a device name ex "Modbus" for my communication and caused it to find and load Modbus.dll file?

Below are the steps that I took to create the communication

1- go to quick > device configuration

2- select new serial(...)

3- for device name i put "MODBUS"

4- select comm port,baud rate...

5- select ModbusRTU protocol

6- then done

Another thing, where can i find the modbus.dll if i fail to find in that directory?

Thanks

That is possible I suppose if you still have a file named "Modbus.dds" in your DAQFactory directory. Just delete that file (or consider renaming your device) If you created your device through New Serial/ Ethernet, then you are using the newer driver.

It was confirmed that there will be a conflict when I used name "Modbus" for my device..i already tried replaced the name with other word and it seemed ok..

I have another question, i tried to write about 100 data memories in PLC at once but failed because suddenly the port that i used to write data memories was locked..i do not know why it occurs all of sudden..Can you give any suggestion to make sure that I able to write these data memories at once without having port lock problem?

i used this command to write the data memory

device.SAJ.SetRegisterS16(1,41001,1)

Thanks..

Oo..i see the problem know..and for your information, I have more than 20 channels to read data from the PLC..is it possible to stop the reading for a while to make sure i able to write data memory in PLC successfully and then start reading the data again..

Thanks.. :P

Archived