Autodialer doubt

Lets start with the basics. Do this at the Command / Alert window:

? tapi.GetDeviceList()

this will give you a list of the compatible devices attached to your system. Make sure your modem is in the list. If not, you can't go any further. You'll either need to get a TAPI compliant modem, or double check your device settings.

Next, you can init the device:

tapi.init("mydevice")

where "mydevice" is your device name EXACTLY how it is listed when you did tapi.getdevicelist(). Try it at the command alert window. If it is successful, you won't get any error.

Now you can try dialing and using other functions. If you still have troubles, I'll need to know where exactly you are running into problems.

• 1 month later...

Hello here I'm again, we have been buying a Way2call modem, because you recommend it, then I'm not clear idea what it's the schema to connect that....because I connect the telephone line to the Way2call modem also the usb cable to the computer and, I test with the wizard program include in Way2call modem without success..."ERROR: No Dial-Tone!!".......please help me.... :)

We've actually removed our recommendation for this modem. There have been reported reliability problems. At present, the modems from Multitech seem to be a better choice: www.multitech.com. I would send the way2call modem back and buy a multitech. If you can't send it back and wish to continue with the way2call, you will have to contact them for support for the device that doesn't involve DAQFactory.

• 1 year later...

Hi DF Team;

i've tried autodialing from DF, it worked but not completely! calls the number which i gave and an application starts with calling action. and when i answer my phone it didn't start the "TAPIConnect" sequence. So may that application handicap the sequence information? and plus, when i test the modem device from application maneger it gives DF the TAPIConnect information.. do you have something about it? is it all about modem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi; i know i'm too late to answer sorry about it. Here is my modem' type : "HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax

Modem with SmartCP"

i'm saying "hello" when i pick up the phone. actually i'm saying "alo" cause it's answering word in turkish :) may it coming from it? should i say "hello"? and there is a program working same time at my call action. i think my call trigger that modem's program. i'll add some pic about this situation , haven't got a phone line now. thanks

• 2 months later...

Archived