TAPI HELP

I've purchased a Multimodem (MT5634ZPX-PCI-U ) from your recomendations on another post, and installed SAPI 5.1 . I can initialize and set answer on ring fine. However when I try to play a wave file I get this message:

08/11/09 09:33:39.459

TAPI Error: Line:'MultiTech Systems MT5634ZPX-PCI (HCALL:0x10377)' wave format (Tag=1, 22050Hz, 16bits, 2 Channels ) not supported.

08/11/09 09:33:39.459

TAPI Error: Line:'MultiTech Systems MT5634ZPX-PCI (HCALL:0x10377)' Will use the ACM to do the realtime conversion.

I've tried different wave files without success. I've tried the TAPI.Speak also, and don't hear anything. The modem came with some answering machine software that works, so I believe the modem is working OK.

Thanks in advance!

1) the wave file you are using apparently is recorded at 22khz, 16 bit. This modem does not support that format, and apparently the ACM conversion doesn't like it either. You need to rerecord your wav files in a format it supports. You might contact Multitech to ask which formats they support, or it might be on their website.

2) where don't you hear anything? You have to make sure and select a voice. I would start by going into the windows control panel and go to tapi settings and make sure you can hear a voice from there. They have a test button (at least in XP).

Archived