Daqconnect help

andybdjuk

Hi,

I have a Daqconnect account with 32 tags, 50000 History & Update of 15. I have set up Daqfactory to export 12 of my channels. Alas only 7 of the tags appear in Daqconnect dispite all the channels being setup the same eg Daqconn, DC Intvl, DC Hst.

I can produce graphs etc from the 7 that are there

Any thoughts

Andy

Is any error message displayed? Maybe you can set the debug mode on (under Tools-Real time web settings)? Then look for the {status : } response and see if it says anything. Are the other 5 channels at a different timing?

I can't test because you are sending at the max rate so I can't send separately.

Maybe post or email your ctl doc.

Hi, Alas not all the tags are moving over to Daqconnect yet. I have tried restarting etc.

Could you also explain the practical use of Pivot in Daqconnect please

Andy

Can you enable the debug (under Tools - Real time settings), then let it run for a minute then copy / paste a (large) section showing the data being sent up? Maybe post it as a .txt attachment (paste into notepad) instead of putting the section right in the forum post.

Pivot is designed to allow you to do bucket totals. Its kind of like boxcar, but the times are always aligned to even points. So, a pivot with a bucket / boxcar size of 86400 will always be from midnight to midnight. Thus, if you were measuring kwh ever 30 seconds or so, and did a pivot on a weeks data with 86400 as the size and "sum" as the function, you would get daily energy usage totals. This works well in a bar graph. You can see an example of the pivot in use on the Energy sample page. Just go to the pages menu and click Load Sample Pages, then Energy. The four buttons in the middle change the pivot size for the simulated data set.

Thanks for all your help. I removed DacFactory, cleaned the regestry and reinstalled and it seems to be ok now. I have transfered some new tags over.

Thanks again

Andy

Archived