Windows XPE

When I try to install DFQFactory with administrator privileges onto a Maple Systems HNI610X-XP computer running XP embedded I get the following message:

"Cannot prepare main package. Probably corrupted package, incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder."

I have checked the TEMP Variables and the TEMP file permissions and they seem to be set correctly. I have downloaded a fresh copy of the DFQFactory demo with the same results. Will DFQFactory work using XPE or am I missing something? Please help.

Steve

Yes, DAQFactory will definitely run on XPe and I know a number of people first hand that have done it. However, I don't know any of the details, except that XPe requires a fair bit of experience to setup correctly in the first place since you are required to setup everything. My guess is that you missed an important step, presumably something to do with the standard windows Temp folder. My guess is that other installers might run into the same problem. Unfortunately, we aren't really able to offer much assistance with XPe.

Archived