Animation

Hi Guru,

quick question in regards to animation.

I have a tank with a black cut-away and I over layed the black rectangle with a blue cut-away with thick lines to indicate the fill level of my tank. Now I would like to connect the size of the blue rectangle based on the level sensor reading (1 = empty to 5V=full). Meaning if I read 1V on my channel display a small blue rectangle when the voltage increased I would like to proportinally increase the hight of my blue rectangle.

Hope that makes sense.

Clo

Sure. Use the Y size expression of a symbol control to control its size. If you just have a blue rectangle, use a symbol control with no symbols, but a blue background.

Note that if you have the Symbol Library (DF-Standard or higher) you can use the cutaways, or for that matter pretty much any other symbol, and have DF automatically shade a proportion of the symbol. This only works for vector symbols, not images, but most of the symbol library is vector.

Thank you for the tip. I have DF Standard with the Symbol Library. So if I understand you correctly I can actually change a portion of the black tank cut-away in blue as a function of my level sensor reading? So how do I do that. Sorry I am a NEWBIE at this kind of programming.

Thanks again for the help,

Clo

Correct and no programming needed. In the properties for the symbol component there is a tab called "Splits". The expression and the range determine how much of the symbol is shaded. Active color is the part that's shaded, in active is everything else. Horizontal and reverse just determine the orientation of the shading.

Archived