Out of Memory Error

Mannering

I have been asked to look at a Daq Factory installation with an out of memory error (see photo attached), I have little knowledge of the Daq Factory Software so please excuse my ignorance. Looking through the manual it refers to an out of memory error with a code of C1034 with the following suggestion...

C1034 Unable to load device driver, out of memory

With any out of memory error, you should try running DAQFactory with less applications running. You can also try lowering the resolution and/or color depth of your screen and restarting DAQFactory. Shortening your channel's history lengths will also free up memory.

I am not sure this is relevant as the photo attached does not display this error code. I would appreciate any help/discussion on what could be causing this error as the system has to be restarted when this error occurs.

Regards

Mannering

The C1034 is a different error. Well, its the same, but it occurs at a point where we can actually tell what finally put it over the line. The bottom line is, well, you are out of memory. How much memory do you actually have (not counting virtual memory)? What OS are you running? When you start the system up, go to Task Manager and look at the performance tab and see how much memory you are using. If its more than (or anywhere close to) the amount of physical memory (again, NOT virtual memory), then you either need to buy more memory or figure out what is using it all. The Processes tab is helpful for the second part.

A general Out of Memory error occurs when DAQFactory tries to use some memory but none is available. It can happen just about anywhere and what actually triggered the error is of little consequence as it was just the last straw. Most everything in DAQFactory preallocates, or at least limits its allocation so getting into a situation where you gradually use up memory is unlikely.

Finally, what release of DAQFactory are you running? Go to help-about.

Archived