Socket Error

Should be straightforward:

I'm getting a Socket Error: 10038 approx. every second from DAQFactory - and I'm not sure what's causing it. I have logging enabled and it seems to be working (confirmed by looking at incoming data to the MySQL database). I just need a list of things that could be causing this error (or a means to determine the source) so I can go through and find the root of the problem.

Thanks!

For socket errors (and email and a number of others), we provide the windows error codes, so a search for socket 10038 will give you some detail. You probably had a connection that got shut down improperly. Reinitializing that port will likely fix it. Its occurring every second because you have a timing loop running every second (one of your channels).

It actually has nothing to do with logging, but rather with your ethernet communications.

Awesome, thanks for the help. Glad to know my hunch was right so I didn't wast too much time digging with the databases. I'll report back later if I'm still stuck, but thanks for the advice so far - it's really appreciated (especially the quick reply).

Archived