Marking sunrise and sunset on bottom axis

wreeve

I display a 24 hour time scale on my chart (86,400 seconds) and would like to place a vertical marker at the times for sunrise and sunset. For example, today the sunrise was 13:53 UTC and sunset will be 06:02 UTC.

The sunrise and sunset markers are not based on any chart data, and I cannot figure out how to place them. Of course, sunset is not here yet (at least for me) so I initially will only place a marker for sunrise. Later tonight I will place the sunset marker.

Has anyone figured this out? If so, how did you place the marker?

Thanks

Whit

That worked perfect! Thanks for helping me over the hump on that simple question.

Now, is it possible to show a shaded area between two times? For example, the area would extend the full vertical distance of the y-axis and extend horizontally between, say, sunset and sunrise times.

No, not really. You might be able to achieve it by using a bar graph instead on the right axis, plotting a channel that goes to 1 at sunrise, and 0 at sunset, but you'd have to fiddle with it. It probably would work though. You could then add another trace that was the inverse and plot it a different color.

I thought adding a vertical line on a certain time and date was working for me.

I used a line annotation and in the expression I put 10y04m30d 13h53m00.0 . This put a line on the chart at the correct time yesterday (30 April). I also put a line in for sunrise the next day: 10y05m01d 13h50m00.0.

However, now I have two line annotation at about the same time today (01 May), apparently ignoring the date specification. Maybe I am using an incorrect format in the expression field for the line annotation or I am missing something?

What should I be using in the expression field?

Thanks for your help

Archived