Printing blank pages?

Gammatech

Hi,

I have a simple peer to peer network with an HP colour laserjet 2600n printer connected by USB to one of the machines. On a second machine I have a development version of DAQFactory running with the HASP key that holds my licence. On a third machine I have a Run Time system. The document developed on the second machine prints reliably via the peer to peer network on the HP printer attached to the first machine. The SAME document running on the Run Time system prints blank pages. Both the second and third machines can print from Notepad successfully on the HP laserjet so no problems there. The development machine is running Vista Business, both the other two machines are running XP professional. Any solutions to this problem?

Thanks

Martin

In both instances the printing is on the printer attached to the first machine (that is just a general office machine without DAQFactory) via the peer to peer network. If there are printer drivers on the second and third machine how do I find out their version and or update them?

Me again.

The plot thickens!

I printed to another printer, an HP DeskJet 950C on a fourth machine on the same peer to peer network and this time the one that previously printed a blank page printed correctly whilst the one that had printed correctly on the Laserjet printer this time gave a BLANK SHEET!

There are two other machines with printers on this peer to peer network One is an HP Colour LaserJet CP2020 and the other is a Brother HL-5140 monochrome laser. Would it help if I tried sending the printout to each of them? The CP2020 has just been added to the printer list of both the two machines running the DAQFactory document so presumably the drivers would be similar? (one running Vista the other running XP professional) The machines with the above printers are both running XP professional. All machines are fully updated.

Martin

So how to I check if they have the same version of driver? the printer driver was installed as normal using the Wizard on the XP machine and by browsing for the network printer on the Vista machine.

Martin

I couldn't find any thing in the device drivers but sending a printer test page from each machine gave a printout 'describes your printer driver and port settings' both machines report identical drivers. The only difference in the entire page is that the vista machine banner is "Windows Printer Test Page" and the XP machine has "Windows XP Printer Test Page"

Martin

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Still no resolution to this. The printer test page reports the Default Data Type as "RAW" from both machines. The Run Time (XP) machine that prints blank pages on the HP colour laser 2600n printer will print correctly over the peer to peer network to an HP Colour Inkjet, 2 different Brother Mono lasers, an other HP colour laser CP2020 and even an ancient Epson dot matrix. The development machine that is running Vista Business usually prints correctly to the HP 2600n but has on odd occasions hung up DF - When the small pop up with a blue bar at the top just showing DAQFactory, that shows on its main body "Printing ProgName on the PrinterName on USB1" with the cancel button at the bottom nothing further happens. If one presses the cancel button then the pop up blue bar changes to DAQFactory (Not Responding) The only way out then is to end the process. Re Running DF and the document generally prints correctly. Any suggestions?

Martin

Archived