As part of a school project, we left DAQFactory running over the weekend to obtain some data. We came back today and found the data had been collected, but are unable to obtain it. We did not know about logging before starting the data collection, since we are basically using the program as a quick fix.

The data we need is stored in a channel (which is currently still running), along with some of it in a virtual channel. Is there any way to output this data into a .csv file, or something similar so we can use it for other purposes?

Thanks

First, since the data is only in memory right now, go File->save with Data and save to a new file name. This will save your document and all the data just in case you mess something up. Then you can simply create an export set, listing each of your channels, and then run the export set. Don't use [0] notation in the export set as we often recommend, as this would only log the most recent value (which is the most common use of export sets). Instead, just list the channels, and it will export the entire history, which is actually what export sets were originally intended for, but rarely used for.

• 1 year later...

"Then you can simply create an export set, listing each of your channels, and then run the export set. "

I can't populate v channel data in export set or log file - only sees real channels.

how can I export my virtual channel data?

Correct, somewhat. Logging sets only work with real channels. Export sets, however, work with V channels as well. If you want to use a logging set, consider putting data into regular channels instead of using V channels. Just create a Test channel with TIming = 0, and use .addValue() to stick data into it. So, if you had:

V.myChannel = 3

put instead

myChannel.addValue(3)

where myChannel is a regular channel you created.

Note that in both cases of Export set and Logging set, data is aligned by the time stamp.

Archived