communicate via RS485

khuenguyen

Hi all,

I have a circuit (very simple for test), my circuit can communicate with hyperterminal program on windows XP via COM port. At screen of HyperTerminal, I send command AIxMy (with x: 1->3, y: 0->31), I will receive AIxMyV4.235 (here V is Volt), I have some other commands but structure command is same above. Now, I want use DAQFactory to communicate with my circuit to execute work above. But, I don't known how start? Please help me.

note: this circuit is very simple for test and demo with customer, My main project is monitor all parameters for BTS of operators in Vietnam (example: temp, Volt, fire, ...).

Parameter for COM port: BaudRate: 9600, Databit: 8, Stopbits: 1, Parity: none.

Thanks.

First, I chose Device Configuration -> New Serial (RS232/485)/Ethernet (TCP/IP) device -> in "Device Name", I type my name, continue, I choose New Serial (RS...) but I don't known protocol in "Protocol" windows. I try with Null Protocol. I don't see any alert.

NULL is fine, though really at this point you don't even have to select a protocol. Just highlight the serial port you created and click Monitor. Then you can type your command. Note that DAQFactory DOES NOT add carriage return / line feeds automatically to the end which hyperterminal does when you hit enter. To add a CR/LF to the end, put backslash 013 then backslash 010 at the end of the string. Sorry, but the backslash character can't be displayed easily on the web and this forum.

Thanks you very much, I sent and received data successful. But, After I sent one command, I cannot continue sent second command. DAQFactory notify COM port busy. In my circuit have some output connect with some motors, I want have some buttons on page_0,1,... When I press button, motors will start, please help me create buttons.

Archived