Solar Inverter Data

Hi, maybe if you post on

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/

and ask about the sunny boy data protocol the guys there can probably advise you. Once you know the protocol I'm sure the guy's from AzeoTech will help you read your data into DF and then maybe onto the net with DaqConnect as I do.

Andy

• 3 months later...

Should work, but I'd look and see if they have the communications protocol published. You may be able to talk to it directly without using (and paying for) the OPC server.

As a side note, DAQConnect is finishing up making their DAQBridge support Fronius inverters. This would allow anyone with Fronius inverters and one of the Interface options to view their data from the Internet without a local PC and without dealing with any IT issues. Just plug the unit into the Fronius Interface card, and do everything from the DAQConnect portal from anywhere. Email them if you are interested.

Thank you very much for your fast reply, I've already checked with them because it looks great, it could incorporate other devices besides the specific inverters and price difference is like 1/3 less (between DAQBridge and SMA proposed WebBox). But what with already bought inverters?? Im pretty new to the scada world so Im not sure that even if I had the SMA modbus map (which I havent found yet) I could make it work in DaqFactory. Thanks again, when I try it I'll post :) .

Archived