DAQFactory Not Responding

Indy500

I need some help debugging a weird problem. I have the latest version of DAQFactory Starter edition. My program has two real-time graphs and runs ModBus reading 10 inputs once a second.

It will run flawlessly for some variable time between 1 and 12 hours and then suddenly it will show just a solid white window and the title bar will say "DAQFactory - SWBEModBus.ctl - Not Responding".

The XP SP3 computer is not locked up and I can launch and run other programs on it. Using task manager I can see that it also has plenty of memory, so it doesn't appear to be a memory leak. I also have plenty of hard drive space. Using another computer I can see that the ModBus traffic is still flowing, it's just the DAQFactory window that has stopped responding.

What can I do to figure out why it's freezing?

Thanks!

-David

Does it on its own. We have the computer monitor always showing the app, and it's the only one running on the machine. Things will be perfect one minute and then a frozen white window the next with the "Not Responding" in the titlebar of the window.

>But modbus comms still works?

To be clear, my DAQFactory program has two graphs and five buttons. However when it freezes, all I end up with is a frozen white window with only a titlebar saying "DAQFactory - SWBEModBus.ctl (Not Responding)". But, I can go to the Start menu and run "QuickMod Modbus Scanner" and connect to my Modbus device and get and send data. The computer still runs fine and I can run other programs. The frozen DAQFactory window stays until I go to the Task Manager and kill it off.

>Do you have any canvas components?

No.

>Component Paint events?

No.

>Background screen capture or web server?

No.

I have a had a similar problem with a scada system which again had a lot of scripts and modbus. I improved start up by having an initialise script that started all the other sequences including data capture and logging actions one at a time - this seemed to help rather than channel capture, sequences and logging all starting at the same time. however; this problem came back after after adding another remote connection to another copy of daq factory - Not too sure what causes this but when running is 100% stable. I have always blamed the OPC server which also runs on this machine but cannot find any evidence to confirm this. But by looking at the progress of the initialise program it always occurs at the same time on start up before any scripts or logging are called. this is saying to me it could be any of the drivers for OPC or MODBUS or the remote connection that kills the program. But sometimes the program will fire up 1st time with no issues. NO errors are generated either.

• 3 months later...

Hi DaqTeam!

My problem is same as the others in this page. My DF is getting bigger and bigger at using the memory field.

it has a step which increases 4k every each step. As i see from windows task manager it happens pretty slow

when there is nothing works. But if sequences and modbus channels working on my project it's getting faster.

All variable and channel history lenghts sets at "1". For example in Acquire Mod DF uses 52.000k from the

memory but in minimize form it uses 5.600k. What a big differance is this? Is there something wrong? It is 5.83

release and build:1632 . I didn't observe how big can it use the RAM memory. But as my employee says pc dies

. Can you help me about it. Thank you so much.

No, i'm not. I 'm not using the tcp port. Let me explain if i succeed. DF is reading the modbus channels

approximately 10 directly from comm port. And every 15 minutes writes them to SQL database. Reads them

2-3-5 second intervals. And works at Acquire mod. That's all. I use waituntill() function if helpful. I can send

you the *.ctl file.

Archived