Am I missing something?

Hi all,

I'm confused. The express that came with my u3 supports 16 tags, but the u3 has 20 channels. I want/need all 20, so do I have to pay $199 for the DF with 32 channels? The $45 version says it only has 16 tags also, so is it true there is nothing between the $45 version and the $199 version? It seems crazy to have to spend $199 for just 4 extra tags. The extra ones from 21 to 32 will be worthless to me. I can't be the first one to ask this, but I saw nothing when searching. Why can't there be a 20 tag option that fits the u3?

me

Bleh. Not what I wanted to hear. I would put the recommendation for a 20 tag version somewhere between the $45 and the $199 version in your suggestion box. As it stands now, for my needs, I'm better off buying a second U3 instead of the $199 version. I understand the need for different versions, but it seems like a sector (albeit small) of the market is not covered. Anyway, I love your software, and am upgrading to the $45 version regardless. I'd love it even more if I could get 4 extra tags for less than $199. $50 per tag is a little steep. Thanks for the very quick reply.

Alas, that is unlikely to happen. On our main site we don't even promote Lite or Starter anymore and have only kept the $45 and $199 versions as more attainable upgrade paths from Express. The problem is that if we do a 20 tag version, the next guy will ask for a 22 tag version, etc. The other problem is that DAQFactory is product in a rather technical field with lots of inexperienced people and we offer rather excellent support helping people get started, which is expensive for us.

You also get other stuff for your $199, such as unlimited pages and the ability to create runtimes.

Archived