I am planning to use a usb based digital storage scope model : DSO-2150 USB supplied by

hantek

The supplier is providing the SDK and DLL for VC6

I want to read the data from this device using Daqfactory base, all the while I was only using labjacks. Please help me in accessing data from this device.

Looking forward for your email as always, thanks in advance

Best Regards

T.Elavarasan

Well, as I thought, this system does not use callbacks, which is good since DAQFactory doesn't support callback's through extern. It looks like its using the sdChannelDatraBuffer() or sdChannelInGND() and sdGetDisplayData functions to retrieve whatever data is in their internal streaming buffer. They just cycle and hit these functions on a timer to keep the buffer empty and get data into the system. So, this can be done using extern() in DAQFactory. First you'd have to get all the functions working so you can call them in DAQFactory, and then you can use the patterns they provide for streaming. It appears these functions returned data in word format so you'll need to use the appropriate To.Word() function to convert the byte buffer to words.

That all said, while an reasonable C programmer could probably get it working in an hour or so with the hardware in hand, if you don't know C and data types its going to take you a lot longer and you will likely crash your computer a number of times in the process. I'm not trying to discourage you, just make you aware that extern() is a more advanced function.

Thanks for the goodnews, i will try this method once i get the device. the device should be in my hand in a couple of days. i shall also put somebody who is good in C programming.

Archived