Large Amounts of Data in Graphs

mse3000

OK, my question - Is there a way to tell the Y expression within a graph to only display the amount of data within the time frame of the x- axis?

I am currently monitoring temperatures in a chicken shed where crop cycles are approximately 40 days but we are monitoring temperature through a heat exhanger every second. I want the farmers to be able to zoom out to show trends of up to one year to let them compare crops. The persistence files are several GBs each which is not a problem and it is obviously reasonable to expect some time delay when looking at all of the data points. But if there is a method to reduce the drawing delay, when only looking for example at a few hours of data, that would be useful.

I have scanned through the forums and been through the quickmod pro guide but I'm either missing the answer or I guess this is not possible?

Many Thanks

Mark

Its actually all already handled for you. The graphs only pull the data they need based on the current X axis scaling, and will even optimize that if the resulting data set has more data points than there are pixels along the x axis.

Are you seeing slowness when zooming in or just planning ahead?

We were actually seeing the computer slow when viewing any graphs. Data is however logged every second and maximum x-axis scaling is a month to view. We have since upgraded the computer on site as the client provided a rather old machine and this has made the world of difference. I have also taken one of the graphs out of a pop-up window after reading in another post that graphs did not work well in pop-up windows.

Thanks for the clarification on my question above.

Regards,

Mark

Although graphs are rendered in a background thread, it can still make a world of difference if you run on a multicore / multiprocessor system. This allows the graph rendering to run on one core while the rest of DAQFactory and Windows runs on the other.

Archived