Yesterday's log file - ftp

What was the script to ftp yesterday's log file - it seems to have gone missing ?

Missing from where? I think its in that long thread we had on FTP. Anyhow, you just need to save the current name of the log file before trying to change it. Something like:

private string curName = logging.myLog.strFileName
logging.myLog.strFileName = formatdatetime("c:\mydata\mydata_%y%m%d.csv",systime())
if (logging.myLog.strFileName != curName)
DoFtp(curName)
endif

[/CODE]

where DoFtp is some sort of function you create to do the ftp with the file name passed in.

Thanks for that. I found the other one - it was posted under scripting;

It was:

while (1)
delay(1)
// set logging file name:
yesterday = logging.Field_Sensor_log.strFileName
logging.Field_Sensor_Log.strFileName = "C:\Users\hschiret\Documents\UNE_MonoEvap_Project\Log_Files\Daily_Field_Log_"
+ formatdatetime("%d_%m_%y",SysTime()) + ".csv "
if (yesterday != logging.Field_Sensor_log.strFileName)
// new day, so upload yesterday's file
sendFTP(yesterday, "/data/Daily_Field_Log_" + formatdatetime("%d_%m_%y",SysTime() - 86400) + ".csv "
// and repeat
endwhile
[/CODE]

Now as I explained elsewhere, the website I wish to upload these files to is on a Linux server that uses sftp (not supported by DAQFactory) so I have to use an external program, in this case WinSCP http://winscp.net/en...cs/introduction

So, what I need to do is from within the DAQFactory sequence, pass the (exact) filename of yesterdays log file (not some other name such as "yesterday.csv") to either a] the external sftp application or, b] a batch file that handles the connection.

The question then is in two parts, namely;

1. How do I call an external program passing the exact file name to it?
  2. If a batch is the chosen option - I don't know how to pass a filename directly to a batch file - I don't even know if that's possible ?

Sure, first you can use system.shellExecute() to run an external program. In that function you can pass parameters, so presumably your file path. As for using a a batch file, you can also do parameters to a batch file. You'll have to search the internet on how to create a batch file that takes parameters, but if I remember correctly, you put %1, %2 in your batch file where you want to insert the parameter.

Archived