DAQConnect - Screen Size

hschir

Hi,

I have an issue with the embedded screen size of DC on my web page - see attachment

I can't get the entire screen offered on the DAQConnect site and am limited to what you see in the attached screen capture.

How do I resolve this issue - is it a change in the embedded script on my web site - what do I change and what to ?

post-8297-0-18118800-1333409753_thumb.jp

Yes, what is displayed is determined by your web site, usually in the styling of the div. If you want, post your html.

Here's the html:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>Field Station Data Stream</title>

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://www.daqconnect.com/daq/dc.do?id=D4653886-2F9C-4E50-A62F-031C013C0F55">

</script>

<HEAD>

<BODY>

<div id="dcui-mainContent" class = "hp_dc" style = "width: 800px; height: 800px;"></div>

</body>

</html>

This line:

<div id="dcui-mainContent" class = "hp_dc" style = "width: 800px; height: 800px;"></div>

is where the embedded content is put. The id must be "dcui-mainContent", but you can get rid of the class statement unless you created your own class called "hp_dc". If you didn't it doesn't matter. The size of the container is in the style, and in your case is 800 x 800 pixels. Just change those two numbers to match the size of your embedded page, and you'll get what we want.

BTW: we do this, partially because we have no control over it, but also so that you can embed little snippets of pages instead of a whole page.

Thanks - figured as much - but didn't know why the code snippet in the DC Help File used 800 x 800 ?

I checked out the page properties in DC which were 1920 x 1200 and used these in the div - fixed ...

In so far as the class is concerned - cut and pasted form DC Help File - who am I to doubt it's necessity ...

Archived