Sending Email Out of DAQFactory

Hi,

I am facing a big problem when I am trying to send a mail from DAQFactory.

I am always getting the error "C1007 Could not connect to server! Error: 10060"

Is that the SSL connection problem?

The code I used to connect to the server.

"

email.strHost = "mail.yahoo.com"

email.strUserName = "*******@yahoo.com"

email.strPassword = "********"

email.strReplyAddress = "*******@yahoo.com"

email.strAuthenticate = "AuthLogin"

"

Can someone please help me with this and provide a solution for me to send an Email from DAQFactory.

Many Thanks,

Green

My guess is that Yahoo only supports SSL connections. If so, then it won't work with DAQFactory as DAQFactory doesn't support SSL at this time. You'll have to find a different email provider that will allow sending of emails without SSL.

I couldn't able to find a email provider without SSL. Can you please suggust me one or two email providers that will allow to send email without SSL..

Please help me with this. I'm helpless. .

Many Thanks..

Green. .

Probably the easiest and most reliable way is to simply install an email server on your machine. The only issue here is that your reverseDNS probably won't match, so some email clients may call your email spam. Otherwise, maybe some others can comment on ones that have worked for them.

It looks like GoDaddy email works without SSL. I haven't tried it with DAQFactory, but it worked with a different app without SSL. Give it a try. BTW: use port 25, smtpout.secureserver.net. You'll need full authentication.

• 3 weeks later...

I successful use an account whit www.inbox.com. After the registration, you need to enable the POP3/SMTP access to your account in settings page. Then you will be able to get and send email by using Daqfactory.

Archived