Channel Groups ?

Hello,

I have several identical units via OPC each having 50...60 tags. Channel groups would be nice way to split tags by units but I cant get it working. My idea was to get tags for first unit from OPC and then export-import after changing unit position and import back to a corresponding group.

1. Seems to work but after "apply" tags disappear from group I just made and go to main and group name also changed from A1 to 1 ?

2. Next time I tried this tags appeared to be at connections level, not channels level in the workspace area ?? (Corrupted tag database?) ->

3. Export file does not have same amount of fields as there are in the channels table view where Group=Main but in exp. file DAQConnect=Main ??

4. Hopeful wish: would be great to be able to pick tags in OPC like in windows; shft+click & shft+click to get all between or ctrl+click to pick here and there.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not seeing the same problems you are reporting. The only thing I see wrong is that the export file header row is incorrectly aligned. This has no affect on import/export since Import ignores the header line. It looks like the missing field is the Modbus Slave # which is the one that comes after QNote.

Got it working now, I found that it's better not try to adjust fields to be in same position in the exported file. I am using excel (and notepad to take away " " marks excel makes to quick note/OPC field) to search and after making a new channel group import into it works fine. Needs some practicing as the manual says!

Would it be possible to change OPC browser so that you could pick more than one tag at once? If I have say 12 consecutive tags, just choosing first and last would save efforts and errors.

Archived