Lead For Mitsubishi Fx Direct Protocol Communication

rabenson

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit basic but this is my first foray into using DaqFactory. I'm wanting to connect to a Mitsubishi FX1 PLC using the FX Direct protocol via the PLC's programming port. I note that the manual says that :

"The SC-09 cable will not work for Mitsubishi FX using this protocol."

I'm currently using a pattern type USB sc-09 cable and am receiving only a stream of \x95 whatever I try to send / receive.

Is there a particular lead that I should be using in place of the SC-09 or am I missing something else?

Thanks,

Ron

Thanks for your reply

Strangely enough, it now seems to be working with the SC-09 cable - I had the word length set to 8 instead of 7 and resetting this seems to have sorted it. the only problem that I am seeing is that I am occasionally getting a C1038 timing lag error while reading 7 output values at 0.2 second intervals - could the lead compatibility be causing this?

Do you know if a suitable "premade" lead is available?

Thanks

I do not know of any premade leads, but perhaps someone else does.

As for the timing lag, 0.2 seconds is probably too fast for the PLC. Take a look at the monitor and see what the difference in time is between the Tx and Rx. Your minimum interval will need to be maybe 0.05 seconds larger than that.

Archived