Printgraph Hangs

jrbusch

Hi All,

I am having a problem using the PrintGraph function. When I run the fuction, a dialog box pops up with options for exporting the graph data. If I select the "File" option and click "Browse", DAQFactory hangs and has to be terminated.

This does not happen on all machines, it used to work on my old machine, but most others I've tried with do not work (haven't been able to find a pattern here yet).

Any ideas?

This is an issue with newer operating systems. Its part of a third party tool that we use for graphs and is not something we can readily fix. We are working on simply replacing the graph. Consider exporting the graph data through script instead.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Still learning DF, I have been unsuccessful with the PrintGraph function as well. I have scoured the User Guide and Posts and now I realize that it is a fault in newer operating systems. The issue I have is that the User Guide just states that exporting the graph data function is self explanatory and this post also "assumes" knowledge of exporting the graph. Could I get a little walkthrough on "exporting" the jpeg graph data...

Thanks in advance.

Well, there's a difference. If you want to export the data as data points so you can regenerate a graph in another program, then you can just use an export set. If you want to generate a jpg of the graph or pdf, there is the page.printpdf() function and the page.capture() function. Capture() requires DF-Standard or higher. I don't remember what the printPDF requirements are. Both are well described in this forum. Just search for printpdf or capture and feel free to post more questions here or there.

Archived