Reading Sms On Daqfactory

amsolng

Hello,

I have a microcontroller connected to GSM/GPRS modem which I used to send message and voice to mobile phones and landlines,

I used MPLAB to programme the microcontroller using C language and AT command.

My challenge now is that I want to send message from the GSM/GPRS modem and be able to see it on DAQFactory.

What I did was to connect my Laptop to a landline phone socket using modem cable, I thought I will be able to telephone port in DaqFactory.

Is there any method that I can use to send message or voice over the GSM/GPRS modemand be able to read the message on DAQFactory.

Thank you

Hello,

I have my microcontroller connected to the GSM/GPRS modem (in a remote place) and I sent message and call my mobile phone,

but what I want to do is to receive and save the data/message in DAQFactory, I tried using the landline phone line but could not get anything, I just tried using my Android phone, I was able to see the PORT on the Laptop but was unable to establish communication with Daqfactory.

My aim is to communicate with DAQfactory through GPRS.

Any help I will appreciate.

Thank you

I'm not completely sure you can do that: send an SMS to DAQFactory. You'd have to have a phone line that could receive SMS and hardware that could interpret it. However, you should be able to get DAQFactory to dial your GSM modem and connect directly to the micro. If you got a data plan for your GSM then you just need to ask for a static IP that DAQFactory can connect to. This isn't the most secure, however, since anyone could connect to it. You might consider using DAQConnect.com or some other central server based system.

Thank you so much for your help,

I have tried to dial modem from DAQFactory before but has not gotten it yet, (any guide please).

But if I will be able to communicate from Daqfactory to modem, I think there should be a form of "hand-shake", i.e. from modem to Daqfactory too..

I already have DAQconnect account.

I have now gotten the static IP on my mobile and I tried sending message from DAQFactory but I got an error message saying the "Unable to send!Port is busy."

I used IP 192.168.1.89

What am I doing wrong please.

Thank you

First, just because it says "Modem", its not really a modem in the old sense where binary data was converted to tones that play through the audio portion of a telephone line. That does not work on digital systems such as GSM/GPRS or any digital cellular because the digitation of the voice doesn't sink with the baud rate. So dialing up your modem from a PC based modem using a phone # is simply not going to work ever.

As for the static IP, 192.168.x.x is not a routable address and as such is only accessible from other computers on that same network, which in your case is nothing. I'm guessing if they provided you with a static IP, its not 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x, but instead some other number. Ask your mobile provider again, and make sure they understand you want to connect to it from the outside.

Yes, you could communicate from the micro to DAQFactory via the modem over ethernet / GSM, however, in that case you'd have to provide a static IP for your DAQFactory computer and have it accessible from the internet. This is even more of a security risk than the other way around and I do not suggest it under any circumstances.

Lot of thanks,

I have tried contacting my mobile operator, but it’s like I was lucky to meet a CS staff that understand me, "static IP" sounds like Latin to few I was able to speak with.

If I can communicate with DAQFactory from my Micro controller, I think I will be closer to what I want to achieve, note that my Micro will not be physically connected to the PC.

I was able to do this using Serial cable from my micro to PC but now I want to connect to the PC using GSM modem. (Please find attached for the sketch).

Can you please guide me on how to set up the communication link please.

Thanks

post-8977-0-14132700-1367509104_thumb.jp

Remote monitoring system fig.pdf

If you want to go SMS, probably your best bet is to use a service like Twilio to receive the SMS. Twilio has a web service API that you could ping from DAQFactory every few seconds to see if any new SMS's showed up and then process them. You'd need the HTTP.Get() function from DAQFactory, but that is only available in Pro and higher. You might be able to script it yourself using a general DAQFactory socket, but that's outside the realm of this forum since we provide a function to do this. Twilio is pretty cheap, only $1 / month plus $0.01 per SMS received.

That said, there may be a cellular modem that can receive SMS and then generate a line of details on its serial port. If you could find something like that, then you could skip Twilio. I don't know if they exist in a packaged form.

Hello Guru,

Thanks for yur help

I am almost close to achieve my aim, but I have one challenge with TAPI function, which I think will be a possibe solution to my experiment.

I connected modem to my PC, using my phone and I got an error Alert " Unable to find specified TAPI device"

I created my channel and in the sequence I typed this function:

TAPI.Init("HD XC1120")

private string devlist = TAPI.GetDeviceList()

TAPI.Dial("phonenumber")

delay(100)

TAPI.Speak("Welcome home")

TAPI.Drop()

Please hw do I initialize my TAPI device using GetDevicelist() function.

thanks

GetDeviceList() just returns a list of attached devices. I would just do it at the command / alert window:

? TAPI.getDeviceList()

then look for your device. It's probably not exactly "HD XC1120" and that's why it won't find the appropriate device. Once you figure out what the device is called, replace the "HD XC1120" with exactly that, and drop the GetDeviceList() call from your script.

Hello,

Many thanks,

I was able to see my modem using" ? TAPI.getDeviceList()" and it reads HDA XC11720 soft Modem.

I tried calling the from an external phone and I was able to see "Rx: \013\010RING\013\010" repeating itself on the Comm monitor until I picked the attached phone connected to my PC.

Sending SMS also shows "Rx: \013\010RING\013\010" on the Comm monitor and I was able to listen to Test to speech on the phone connected, but I Thought it will display the sms on my PC (is that possible).

Also sending a voice message from gave me series of error messages like:

"TAPI Error: Line:'HDA CX11270 Soft Modem' Unable to open the device in DataModem mode, error=ERR_OPERATIONFAILED."

"T1000: TAPI error: Unable to open Line"

"TAPI Error: Line:'HDA CX11270 Soft Modem' Unable to open the device in InteractiveVoice mode, error=ERR_INVALMEDIAMODE."

How can I solve these error message please.

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Dear Guru,

I finally got a voice modem for my experiment just as you advised,

but when I tried to use " ? TAPI.getDeviceList()" on the command/alert window, I got this message " TAPI is not supported by this version of DAQFactory"

Also, all the processes I used before are no more responding (begin) like before.

I tried uninstall and re-installed DAQFactory again, still the error message is still there.

What have I done wrong please..

What license do you have? TAPI is only supported by DAQFactory Pro. If you had a trial, it will run as Pro, so TAPI would work, but once the trial expired after 25 days, it would revert to Express which does not support TAPI. Please contact us directly at support@ if you would like to extend your trial a few weeks so you can try it with a proper voice modem before purchase.

Archived